Kathy A. Miller is a licensed clinical professional counselor (LCPC) and owner of Mindfulness Matters PC, offering services in Lincolnshire, IL. She earned a BA in Psychology and an MA in Clinical Professional Psychology from Roosevelt University, Chicago.
Hmm. It feels weird to be using the third person to tell you about me, so here’s what I most want you to know:
- If your life and/or your relationships have become stressful, stormy, or just generally suck, I can help.
- I work collaboratively with you to gain the skills and tools you need for sustainable solutions.
- Mindfulness, accountability, and forgiveness support healing and wholeness. Really.
- Homework is required between sessions. Practicing new skills is key to lasting change.
- I swear. A shit ton.
- Humor helps.
- I believe that you already have the answers you seek. Sometimes it’s hard to find them under all the stories you carry around in your head and your heart, though. That’s where I come in.
- Adults and couples (of all kinds) are my favorite clients. Please leave your adorable children at home (appropriately supervised, of course).
- Been there, done that. Married, divorced, single-parented, 2nd marriage going on 30 years. Two (adorable) grown children and one (extremely adorable) grandchild.
- Dog lover. Cats make me sneeze, although I admire their healthy self-regard.
Could a greater miracle take place than for us to look through each other’s eyes for an instant?